"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a Brand New Day



I've been considering for a while now that I should write something, anything to explain my disappearance to those of my followers that may have actually read this blog semi-regularly. The reasons are very complicated and I won't bore you with them, but suffice it to say that I'm doing some "soul searching." Such a cheesy term for such a serious time of life.

In looking at my blog and my life, I'm realizing that I really don't have much to say. Or least not much to say that's worthwhile for someone else to read. There's already so much junk on the internet, I really don't want to contribute to the pile. With all the junk out there, it takes a great deal of time and patience to find the true gems and sometimes I just don't think the time away from our other duties is worth it.

In my soul searching, I've realized that I don't have much to say that's worth telling someone else about. Not yet anyway. I'm a fairly new wife (we're approaching 4 years together) and a fairly new mother (my oldest will be 3 this August) and I simply don't have the tried and true experience and wisdom of an older married mother, yet.

My heart's cry and passion revolves around Titus 2:3-5
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed"
I have long been feeling the lack of a wise, older woman to teach me those 8 things described above and I believe that many other young women crave this as well. It is a rare thing in today's culture that older, experienced Christian mothers pour into the lives of younger women not just in a "spiritual" way, but in a practical real life way. I don't want someone to just tell me to be sober, show me and teach me what that looks like! Of course, young people aren't so good at listening either.

These past few weeks have been humbling, difficult, and heart breaking but also encouraging, uplifting and inspiring. That's one of the amazing things about God. He will show you what a mess you are, but rather than kick you while you're down, He'll give you hope and provide a way to move forward.

From now on, when I post on this blog, I hope that it will be a reflection and encouragement for moving forward. I hope to inspire young women with anything that I learn that fits in with the 8 things listed above for young women to learn. I hope that I'll no longer be adding to the massive amounts of junk that have to be sifted through on the internet.

God bless you for listening to me pour out my heart and I hope you'll walk this journey with me of learning to be sober, to love our husbands, to love our children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, and obedient to our own husbands.

1 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet on July 14, 2010 at 7:45 AM said...

Thank you so much for your heartfelt post. Definitely way too much junk out there. UGH!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin