"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Share Yourself Saturday: Diet Shopping



If you know me, you know I am cheap. I hate spending much money for anything. I scoffed at paying $2 for a bottle of Heinz 57 sauce (orginally priced over $5). I turn my nose up at paying full price for much of anything.

That said, my trip to Giant Eagle was very difficult this week. I've recently been hitting the Weight Watchers program again with much enthusiasm. So, to make it easier for me and to help me lose weight, I bought some splurges. I used coupons on almost everything and bought mainly sale items, but it was still much more than I'm used to paying. I was sad about it at first.

But then, I had a revelation. It's ok. I'm worth the effort and money. I don't want to go overboard, of course, but if paying a little more for food that will help me in an area I desperately want to have victory in, then it's worth it. Bare bones frugality isn't right for every season. I'm not going to let saving money and penny pinching put me in bondage anymore than I want the love of money to control me.

How about you? Are there times when frugality isn't the best option and you choose to spend a little more on something important to you? Share with us!

1 comments:

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls on May 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM said...

I am in the boat with ya sister! I have been alternating between using WW and counting calories, and it is so expensive trying to eat healthy! I took $25 out of other areas of our budget to add to our grocery budget so that I could buy healthy foods for myself!
Come see me at my blog! :)
Kimberly

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin