"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Works for me Wednesday: Freezing


Don't freeze blocks of cheese. I've heard of people freezing shredded cheese before, so I thought I could freeze blocks too. Here's what happens:

It gets all crumbly and falls apart. I guess if you're going to crumble it up anyway, it'll work ok. But it's definitely not a good idea for slicing the cheese... So, NOT freezing whole blocks of cheese works for me. :)

6 comments:

Christy on March 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM said...

It never occurred to me I couldn't freeze blocks of cheese. I will need to remember that!

Stefany on March 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM said...

hahaha! Sorry, but that is kinda funny. Thanks for the tip! I have never froze cheese anyway but now I know for sure not to freeze blocks. :)

Shelby on March 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM said...

This is an awesome warning! My mom always freezes shredded cheese (that she shreds herself, not the pre-shredded kind) and it turns out perfectly. I've always wondered what happened if you tried a block. Now I know!

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] on March 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM said...

Thanks for the warning - it's good to know BEFORE I try!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I freeze blocks of Colby and Monterey Jack cheese (mixed - it looks marbled), and it stays sliceable and good. Cheddar always crumbles, though.... :)

Milehimama @ Mama Says on July 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM said...

No need to freeze cheese- if it's sealed in the orginal wrapping it will keep for a long time in the fridge. If it's airtight, it will keep on the pantry shelf! It's how they used to store cheese- waxed, at room temp.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin