"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Moving...



My husband and I were waiting for an application to be approved to move into a townhouse in a nearby neighborhood. Yesterday, I found out that we were in fact approved and that our lease begins.... FRIDAY.

So, needless to say, I probably won't be around much this week or maybe even next. We'll see how long it takes me to drag an internet service guy out to the new place. Could be months... :) I'll be packing much of this week and we hope to have a big moving event this Saturday.

My favorite way to prepare for a move is to slowly pack, a little every day, as I obtain boxes. Right now, I have several boxes already packed with things I know we won't need in the next few days (books, linens, etc). That way, when Saturday comes and people come over to help, there will be minimal packing to do and we can get out fast. This is what definitely worked for me last time we moved and I hope it works well this time. :) Any suggestions for us?

1 comments:

Jenn jennslaw@att.net said...

Good luck moving!
I don't know how far the drive is and it may sound silly...
On our last move I took everything out of the closets still on hangers!
I laid them out nice and flat in the backseat-when we pulled up to our new place I simply grabbed a pile at a time and walked right into the new closets with them :)
It truly WAS a time saver!
I hope this helps.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin