"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Wifehood: Honesty and Humility



I have recently been reading a book for a review called Love and War which is a Christian marriage book written by John and Stasi Elderedge. Fantastic, by the way, and I'll be posting my review soon. It's an upfront, honest look at how difficult marriage is and it's really gotten me thinking.

My marriage can be difficult. We're pretty newly married (3 1/2 years) with two young kids (2 1/2 and 7 months) and like many others right now, we're struggling financially at times. I thought I was crazy, depressed, made a wrong choice in marriage and a whole host of other things we don't normally admit out loud. Reading that this is pretty normal in a marriage helped me soooooo much. I'm not alone!!

Many times, after posting something encouraging about marriage here on this blog, I'm challenged in my own marriage and I feel like a hypocrite and have even considered taking some of the posts down. The last thing I want people to think is that I'm perfect. Far from it. I want people to understand that they're not alone in their imperfection.

I've left up my encouragement, both for me and my readers. Hard times and struggles and "discussions" in marriage are healthy, normal and OK! It just shows that we're undergoing a transformation and sharpening which is often directing and caused by God. God wants you to be transformed in your marriage.

So don't be discouraged by these things in your marriage. Rejoice, knowing that God works all things together for good for those who love Him! Do you have an encouraging thought about wifehood you'd like to share with us? Leave a comment or link up and share with us!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin