"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Friday: Exercise and Love


I live in north east Ohio. Our last few days (the last week really) have been filled with this:

So of course, what comes after all of that snow? Shoveling!

10 minutes of snow shoveling by hand is worth 1 Weight Watchers Point for activity. Yesterday, I shoveled for 50 minutes and it counted as 3 points! Yay! Today, for 20 minutes I worked off 1 point.


On top of the weight loss benefits, I know my husband would have to come home after 8 hours of work and do it himself. So I went out there during precious nap time and did it for him! Oh and do I have to mention that it's free? A free Valentine's gift of love and service!

Serving the one you love in a way they'll appreciate and working off some calories? I think that's a Finer Thing! To see other frugal ideas, check out Frugal Friday!

3 comments:

Holly on February 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM said...

Such a sweet wifey, Janeen! :o)

Mom2fur on February 12, 2010 at 8:54 AM said...

My daughter does WW, so I'll have to tell her about this idea. She lives down the block in the upstairs of a neighbor's house, but maybe she'll be happy to do 10 or so minutes of shoveling down here to earn that point.
BTW, your girls are precious! I love the look on Lily Ann's face in the bottom photo--makes me wonder what she was thinking about!

Amy @ Finer Things on February 12, 2010 at 9:53 AM said...

That's some serious love when you give up nap time! :)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin