"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday: Backwards


Today's theme is supposed to be backwards, where I ask you all for help with something. Hmmm.... only one thing? LoL. I would love help on so many things! Maybe I'll just start asking and you can answer the ones you want to? Like any stay at home momma blogger, I LOVE reader responses and knowing I'm not just talking to myself. Talking to myself is ok, some of the time, but it'd be nice to know I'm not alone! :)

1. I want to have some guest posts on my blog in this year to increase the variety and quality of my blog. I have a confession... I don't know everything. *Gasp* Yes, I can admit it. But out there, in the big wide bloggy world, there's lots of someones who know a little bit about everything. I would love to tap into all the experience ad information, but I don't know how or where to start. Any suggestions? How do I ask people to guest post?

2. I'm trying desperately to bring more order, organization and structure to my house, my day and my children. I love the ideas for Home Management Binders, having kids on a schedule, ect but I need some ideas. I would love to see any links you have about how you do it. I love getting inspiration from others and then adapting it to our own needs. Do you have any suggestions?

Well, I guess I'll leave it at two for today, so as to not overwhelm you! Thanks so much ahead of time for your help! You help others with their questions today too, over at Works For Me Wednesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blog so I can't answer question #1. But I have finally put together a household management notebook and a separate holdiay/ birthday/ special event notebook. I spent time on quite a few sites and adapted a few different ideas. My best advice . . . just get started and don't worry about how it looks or neatness in your documents. You can always spend extra time making it more attractive.

Holly on January 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM said...

As for organization, take one step at a time! Have you ever seen my post about my giant erase board, aka "Nerve Central"? (http://mommysblessings.blogspot.com/2009/05/nerve-central.html)
It really is the easiest way to get your daily work done. Then move on to chore charts for the little ones and yourself. Finally I have a master schedule to where I plot out time slots in the day of the order of things in our house. I am not bound to a certain time but it brings routine to our day!

Lainie on January 6, 2010 at 1:24 PM said...

Here's my post about our schedule. http://stumpffamily.blogspot.com/2009/08/wfmw-our-beloved-schedule.html
I've been using variations on this for almost 10 years!

Buffie on January 6, 2010 at 1:30 PM said...

I started a series last year about creating a Household Notebook. I'll be restarting it this week. The biggest tip though is to figure out what information you want in there and then just start gathering it and organizing it in a way that works for you.

If you're interested you can find my original Household Notebook post here: http://neverquiteperfect.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/starting-a-household-notebook/

Kristen @ Hope Abound on January 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

I created my own Home Binder after reading about others. I found that everyone has different needs and reasons they need one. So, mine might not be exactly what you need. I "have" found several sites that have pages you can print out, once I remember what they are, I'll let you know.
My binder is one I got on sale at Wal-Mart. I bought some plastic dividers with pockets for storage. I decided on the following tabs: Current Week, Finances, Recipes/Menu Planning, Projects & Crafts, and Twins.
The Current Week holds all of the things that are going on "this" week; bills, appointments,etc. Finances holds our budget info and anything that has to do with our finances over the month. At the end of each month I look through and file what needs to be filed and trash the trash. In the Recipes/Menu Planning, I have my menu for the month as well as all of the recipes that I need for the month. I also have my price list for each store and lastly, my grocery list. The Projects & Crafts section is simply where I jot down and store pictures of things I want to make or do. The twins section hold all of the information for my girls. It's pretty small right now since they're not here yet, but it'll soon be full.
I truly hope this helps. Remember it doesn't have to be perfect, just suitable to you. If you need more help, please feel free to email me. I love organization!!!

Michelle on January 7, 2010 at 1:34 AM said...

When I go on vacation or just need a little break, I have had guest posters. I have asked other friends who blog, I've asked people that I really enjoy reading, and bloggy friends that I have "met" through blogging. I've also asked friends who don't blog on their own to contribute.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin