"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, January 4, 2010

Mom Monday: Real Moms


This week, I highly recommend reading Heavenly Homemakers' article over here. She also wrote a follow up article that's just as encouraging. Go ahead, read them, it's totally worth it and I'll wait here for you.........

Ok, do you feel better now about wherever you find yourself in the Christian Motherhood journey? It's no easy task, of which I am reminded OFTEN, and I'm so encouraged to know that it's not just me. I came across this article not long after my "pity party" last week (in which my motherhood skills were one of my grievances). God's so good that way. Even when I'm being whiny and probably annoying to God, He still cares enough to reach down, wipe the muck off of me and encourage me to go at it again.

One of the things I've also been learning about is maturity and the amount of time, tears and effort that maturing takes. I hope very soon to share more about what I've been learning since my "pity party" turning point because I truly want to encourage others. You are not alone! Are you a real mom? Share with us what you've been learning/going through lately so that we can encourage you and each other!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin