"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, January 18, 2010

Mom Monday: Mommy Devotions



Originally posted 5/11/09

Today I thought I'd send you over to Joy Ever After's Tips for Mommy Devotions. Trust me, it's totally worth the time to read. I love when women are honest about the very serious struggle it can be to balance our time and energy. Some days I find myself feeling extremely guilty... as though I've neglected God and now He's angry with me.

But you know, I think that God greatly values our efforts as moms (He definitely has a high opinion of their worth in His word!) and He understands the time and energy it takes to be not just a good enough mom, but a great mom. Not that I'm saying God doesn't expect us to honor Him, but I believe striving to be a good wife and mother is one of the best ways we can honor God as a woman. I've been trying to keep God in my mind throughout the day, singing praise songs and talking to my daughter about Him and for this season of my life, I believe God is ok with that. But I definitely don't want to camp out here. Everyday is about learning more, growing more, and loving more. I'm a work in progress. How about you? I hope you are remembering today that moms need encouragement and you have a very noble job!

1 comments:

April on January 18, 2010 at 5:35 PM said...

A word of encouragement: Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by GRACE you have been saved through FAITH and this is a GIFT FROM GOD, NOT BY WORKS, so that no one can boast."

God loves us the same when we do our devotions as when we neglect them! His countenance for us doesn't change based on our behaviour. WE are affected by not spending time with the Lord, but His opinion of us is the same because He sees us through the bllod of Christ!

I need this reminder all the time! :-)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin