Last month, Life as Mom started a neat challenge called the Get a Good Habit Going Challenge. I was very excited about the idea, but it just didn't work out for me to do it last month, so I'm going to jump in this month! I know it's already December 2nd (wow!!) but it's not too late to state a goal or two and map out a way I hope to achieve it. There are SO MANY habits I want to change/create, but I think for sanity's sake I'll just choose 1 or 2 to baby step my way through. That way I'll I'll be more likely to actually accomplish it!
For this month I'm going to work on two main goals: Get to bed at a decent hour and Use up our pantry and freezer without buying additional supplies. I know I'll have to work on these goals in steps to make it more achievable and lasting.
I always have been a night owl. However, I notice that when I get to bed at a decent hour and get up before the girls my day seems to go much smoother and I'm a much happier Mom. Sunday night I was up until 3AM and not because I was doing anything terribly productive either. I woke up the next day when the girls did and was very tired still, which made for a long day with a short temper. This needs to change and I know it! Here's my plan of attack:
- For Week 1: get to bed by 12:30 AM and up by 8:30 AM
- For Week 2: get to bed by 12AM and up by 8AM
- For Week 3: get to bed by 11:30 AM and up by 7:30 AM
- For Week 4: get to bed by 11PM and up by 7AM
- List out all the pre-made meals in the freezer from past freezer cooking days
- List out all the side dishes I have in my pantry
- Make out the month's dinner menu based on what we have on my sharpie calendar
- Make fruit smoothies for breakfasts to use up some of the frozen fruit I hand picked this summer
- Drink hot tea once a day. It's good for you and we have a TON of it!