"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A New Habit: December



Last month, Life as Mom started a neat challenge called the Get a Good Habit Going Challenge. I was very excited about the idea, but it just didn't work out for me to do it last month, so I'm going to jump in this month! I know it's already December 2nd (wow!!) but it's not too late to state a goal or two and map out a way I hope to achieve it. There are SO MANY habits I want to change/create, but I think for sanity's sake I'll just choose 1 or 2 to baby step my way through. That way I'll I'll be more likely to actually accomplish it!

For this month I'm going to work on two main goals: Get to bed at a decent hour and Use up our pantry and freezer without buying additional supplies. I know I'll have to work on these goals in steps to make it more achievable and lasting.

I always have been a night owl. However, I notice that when I get to bed at a decent hour and get up before the girls my day seems to go much smoother and I'm a much happier Mom. Sunday night I was up until 3AM and not because I was doing anything terribly productive either. I woke up the next day when the girls did and was very tired still, which made for a long day with a short temper. This needs to change and I know it! Here's my plan of attack:
  • For Week 1: get to bed by 12:30 AM and up by 8:30 AM
  • For Week 2: get to bed by 12AM and up by 8AM
  • For Week 3: get to bed by 11:30 AM and up by 7:30 AM
  • For Week 4: get to bed by 11PM and up by 7AM
As for the freezer and pantry challenge, here's how I plan to get better at using stuff up with out going to the store (I've failed miserably in times past!):
  • List out all the pre-made meals in the freezer from past freezer cooking days
  • List out all the side dishes I have in my pantry
  • Make out the month's dinner menu based on what we have on my sharpie calendar
  • Make fruit smoothies for breakfasts to use up some of the frozen fruit I hand picked this summer
  • Drink hot tea once a day. It's good for you and we have a TON of it!
Well, that's my plan of attack this month. Are there any good habits you're working on this month? Share them and any tips you have with us!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin