"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, November 30, 2009

Mom Monday: Home at Last!


After a long week and a half (just picture 14-16 hours in a car with a 2 year old and 5 month old, twice) we're finally home, unpacked and here to stay for a while! It was a whirlwind of activity as we arrived home, ran off to family functions and finally made it back to do laundry and dishes and all that fun stuff. It always amazes me just how much stuff piles up, even when you're gone!

This Mom Monday, I wanted to take a minute (in light of Thanksgiving) to be thankful for being a mom and all that it entails. Granted, I'm not always thankful to wake up to my youngest daughter's air raid siren wails at 5AM, but can I just say that there is nothing more beautiful than looking at your own child sleeping peacefully (when they finally do fall back asleep)? I am so thankful that inspite of my inner protests and struggles, a beautiful 2 year old calls me mommy and (although sometimes annoying) only wants me in times of distress. Secretly I smile as my daughter wails for me and only me.

I am so thankful for my two blessings, as the Bible calls them. I hope that I will spend more time thankful and less frustrated. What were some things you noticed to be thankful for as a mom this past week?

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin