"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Share Yourself Saturday




This is me, cleaning. :) Ha. I wish I looked this glamorous cleaning!


As I mentioned yesterday, I spent my several hours of no-husband-or-kids time cleaning my house. :) Yes, I indeed am a bit of a neat freak. Granted, I have piles of things everywhere (especially "to-be-read" books) but they bother me. I actually have a hard time focusing on things I'm doing if my house is messy.
Every dry, dead leaf in the entry way irks me inside and I count the minutes until my Saturday sweeping day. Someone has to watch my 2 year old and 3 month old while I sweep because they both LOATHE the noise of the vacuum. Then, inevitably, Saturday comes and goes and my poor vacuum cries itself to sleep out of neglect. Such is the life of a vacuum in a toddler's domain.

I'd have to say my biggest cleaning pet peeve is the kitchen. As irritating as dead leaves and mud on the floor are, if my kitchen is a mess, my day is a mess. The gunk that piles up in the sink gives me the creepy crawlies down my back and don't even get me started on the floor under my 2 year old's chair. That's the subject material of nightmares, my friends.

How about you? Do you have a cleaning fetish or pet peeve to share? Don't worry, I won't laugh (too hard).

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Jennifer on October 3, 2009 at 8:04 AM said...

I remember my firstborn screaming when I would turn on the vacuum. Then I realized it was because she wasn't used to it 'cause I always sent her to my mom's before cleaning. I think I held her a few times while vacuuming and then let her cry a little (as long as she didn't get TOO hysterical), and she finally got used to it. My boys have followed it around while I vacuum ever since they could crawl. :-)

I agree with you on the kitchen. If I have dishes piled in the sink, I feel like my house is a mess!

Holly on October 3, 2009 at 8:39 AM said...

oooh, you are my long lost twin! i totally know what you mean...messy house makes for a messy mind! i cannot relax with unorder

Anonymous said...

Hi Janeen,
I just found your blog a few days ago and have been uplifted by it in just that short period of time. I suffer from depression and anxiety and so I see the dirt and the filth and I WANT to clean it but very little gets done on a daily basis. Hopefully this feeling will end soon and I can get back to my old self (although, she didn't clean very often either). Have a great Saturday :)
~Julia

Christian Frugal Mama on October 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM said...

Both my children totally freak out at the noise. They're around when I do it, but my husband will sit with them. Lizzy is terrified of it, even when it's off. I'm glad you've liked my blog, Julia, and I hope it continues to encourage you. I pray God will use it to reach you, wherever you are at.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin