"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, September 7, 2009

Mom Monday


You might be able to tell from my bookshelf at the right, but I am reading through the The Busy Mom's Guide to Bible Study by Lisa Whelchel and I LOVE it! What a great tool for busy moms. She gives 20 tools for studying a small passage and really getting a lot out of it. I'm in this place now. I want to get a deeper understanding of the bible and it's difficult when I've read it before. I don't just want to read the surface story, I want more. Well, this book is definitely getting me closer to that!

Last week, I learned the tool of reading a verse out loud and then reading it, placing emphasis on each word alone. You read it and place emphasis on the first word. Then you read it again placing emphasis on only the second word and so on until you've done each word. As I did this with the Psalm 37:4 verse, God really opened it up to me and showed me that there's meaning to each of His words. I decided to share it with you. I highly recommend this book to all you busy moms out there!
 

Psalm 37:4
Delight: Find joy and peace in God
Yourself: Your first priority is to bring yourself before God
In: Be truly in God, not just near or far away, but in
The: The one and only true God
Lord: Come to God to be delighted, not the world
And: God is so good, He wants to bless us for coming to Him and being delighted with Him only
He: God is the only one who can grant us the true desires of our heart and they are pure because we are delighted in Him and His ways only
Will: This is a promise of God, you can be confident He will do it
Give: It will be a gift of Him, not something you have to work for
You: Yes, you, even if you don't feel worthy or like you deserve it. He loves you too!
The: God will grant them, you don't have to settle for less
Desires: Not all desires are sinful. When your true delight is God, your desires will be pure because your heart's desires reflect what you are delighting in
Of: They will be from your heart
Your: They will be your own desires, not the desires of anyone else. No one else will control or influence them
Heart: Not your mind. Not your body. Your heart, the deep things that drive you and your passions.

2 comments:

Ashley Wells on September 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM said...

I really liked this book too!

-Ashley

Stephani Cochran on September 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM said...

I'm not a mom, but I need help with scripture memorization. Would this book help with that. Also, how do you get 48 followers! Thanks for the comment by the way, I rarely get them and it is discouraging.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin