"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, August 31, 2009

Mom Monday


Today I'd like to send you over to Life as Mom's post about envy. Now, before you say "I don't envy people's things" consider all the things, material or otherwise, that you could be envying without realizing it. Life as Mom admits she sometimes envies her sister's creativity. I sometimes catch myself envying other moms who work or have the stability of owning their own homes. If I allow it, this envy causes discontentment in my heart and comes out in physical ways such as depression and discouragement. This actually happened very recently (remember that bad week I said I had last week?) and was because I want to own a home and with our current financial situation that seems truly impossible. I allowed this to discourage me and it was wrong. I need to be content with whatever state I am in and am striving for that. I failed, but I get back up and try again. Life as Mom gives some great tips on keeping envy from consuming you, so I highly recommend reading her post for some inspiration! :) Do you notice you struggle with envy sometimes too, or are Life as Mom and me the only ones?

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin