"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Wifehood



My goodness, it feels like I've been gone forever! I have been very well engaged by my two little ones ( almost 2 years old and 3 weeks old!) and I've been devoting a lot of my time to sleep, reading and learning to be a good help meet to my husband.

I have been so blessed by the book "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. I started reading it and couldn't stop. I zoomed right through it, not taking the time to truly digest all of it and do the "Time to Consider" parts that involve thorough bible study and reflection. I am now going to take the time to work through the book, chapter by chapter (24) and do the reflection, with my thoughts recorded here. A lot of the topics in this book are controversial in today's "mail order" Christianity and I will not argue over any of it with anyone. I will answer any honest, thoughtful questions and discuss with people who truly want to better their understanding, know the truth and follow the bible, but I won't engage in an argument with someone out to prove their point or make excuses for wanting to do things their own way. The point of this book is that we no longer do things our way, but God's and our husband's. Sadly, this is a controversial thing today, even in the church. I hope you'll follow along with me and even consider reading the book yourself. I highly recommend it. My husband says he's already noticed a difference in me and I feel different (in a good way) too! I feel my marriage has already gotten stronger. I'll post about Chapter 1 next week. Until then, do you have any thoughts on biblical wifehood you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Holly on July 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM said...

i love that book! i plan on reading it through again soon too, as it's been awhile. time for a refresher!

Sabrina on August 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

I also loved this book. I apprecited the way that Debi didnt sugar coat anything that she had to say. She was straight to the point. When I bought this book, I also purchased the helpmeets journal which was very helpful!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin