"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tribute to Aunt Maggie


My Great Great Aunt Maggie (my grandfather's aunt, 91 years old!) passed away Sunday evening. My husband and I will be going to the calling hours tonight and I will go to the funeral tomorrow. Although I wasn't super close to her, Aunt Maggie was a very sweet person and I'm sad she's gone. However, at the same time, I rejoice knowing that she was believer and is now with Jesus. My joy is knowing that I will some day see her again. Until then, I pray for comfort for the family, especially if they don't have the comfort of knowing where she's gone. I remember all too well, but perhaps not often enough, the not so long ago days when I too felt the hopeless meaninglessness of my life. If you are there, I strongly encourage you to seek out the truth, for He promises us that those who diligently, wholeheartedly seek to know the truth will find it. What it really comes down to is whether or not you really want to know the truth...

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin