"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Frugal Friday Weight Loss Edition


http://www.flickr.com/photos/94693506@N00/ / CC BY 2.0

I've been sharing my thoughts about weight loss lately because, now that my adorable new baby is here, I have the oh so fun job of trying to get rid of the baby weight. :) I dropped the initial "baby pounds" already (about half of what I gained) and now the scale's not budging, which tells me the rest is up to me.

Unfortunately, one of my downfalls to weight loss is that I hate exercise. I hate planned exercise, anyway. I don't mind gardening, walking or playing with Lizzy, but I have to be serious with myself and admit that I need more than that. But I don't want to pay a bundle for a gym membership I'll never use or buy a bunch of tapes I'll never watch (I already have one I rarely use). So what's a frustrated momma to do?

1. The library is awesome. I just found a DVD for "Dance it Off" that's been sitting on my entertainment stand for a week.... at least I didn't pay for it! When I actually look (which is rarely) my local libraries have a whole assortment of work out tapes and DVD's. One blogger says most aren't modest. I guess I never thought about it, since I always do it alone (if I actually do it) when the girls are sleeping and I do want to look sexier... for my husband. I even thought about trying those belly dancing ones... that could make for some interesting husband/wife times! But she has some good thoughts on this subject and suggests a few tapes she has found that are modest and up to date.

2. Gardening. When I actually find the time (and it's not raining) this really is the best weightloss workout I have tried. I was losing weight last summer while doing it and not even realizing it!

3. Find online inspiration. There's a very funny, off the wall blog over here that's all about one woman's honest writings about dieting, exercising and weightloss. She's lost 55 pounds so far. Way to go!

4. Carry your baby. Have you had to cart around a newborn and all their "stuff" lately? Makes me lose weight just thinking about it. I normally get my husband to do it, but maybe I should start carrying her around more. Today, I spent most of the day with a fussy baby hanging over my forearm as I made food and did chores. 10 pounds gets heavy after a while, you should give it a try! If you don't have a newborn, give some you know who does have one a break for an afternoon! :)

5. Amazon.com is my go to website for just about everything. Because I can get gift cards through Swagbucks and Amazon.com often has "used" products for sale, I often find DVD's and books I want for cheap. If I have enough Swagbucks to cash in for gift cards, I can even get them for free! You should check it out!

Well, that's all I've got so far... hence the 40 more pounds to go.... :) Got any ideas for me? I'd love to hear them in the comments! Check out Life as Mom for other great money saving ideas!

1 comments:

Tracey on July 31, 2009 at 7:21 AM said...

Thanks for some good ideas. I've been doing a series this week on healthier eating; I just need the self-discipline to be consistent with it!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin