"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, June 8, 2009

Where I've Been... Again


Unfortunately, like last time, there is no new baby to explain my absence from the internet lately. Nope, we've had another "fun" weekend which thankfully didn't involve any high fevers, but was just as unpleasant. We had no water. Or, as I should say, we have no water. Still. Now for the fun story:

Lucky Waters

We came home from being at the Rock Cafe for the evening on Friday and I used the bathroom. I flushed the toilet and then tried to wash my hands...... no water. Hmmm. See, we're renting and have well water. Neither my husband or I know anything about wells. When there was no water we didn't even know where to start. So we called a friend who so wonderfully came over (at 10pm!) and told us something was probably wrong with the pump. Oh joy. And then my husband had to work the next day 7am-7pm. I called the landlord and long story short, water was on the basement floor, there was gray water coming weakly out of the faucets and he was going to try to call a plummer. On a Saturday morning. Right.

People were in and out and constantly calling me and we didn't know anything, if it would be fixed soon or in a week. Last night we found out that they're going to have to drill a whole new well and it won't be done until Wednesday night. They were supposed to start today and... well, they didn't. They still say Wednesday night we'll have a brand new well, but I don't believe them. I guess we'll see.

I am very thankful to have so many friends and family near us that this "waterless" experience has been very bearable. We have to go a little out of our normal routine and make some adjustments, but it is good to be reminded to be thankful for the things we do have and how grateful I am that not having water is an unusual circumstance, rather than a daily thing as it is for people in some parts of the world. I have been reminded just how precious something as simple as water really is.

On a positive note I went and picked strawberries on Saturday with some friends! It was a little more difficult than I anticipated and totally not worth the price we paid (so I won't be doing that again!) but at least we met the "Strawberry Nazi" and we'll have good memories of it! I hope your weekend was better! :) Check out Gratituesday for other encouraging thoughts on thankfulness!

2 comments:

Char @ DigiScrapChat on June 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM said...

Hi! First time reader here (came through Gratituesday links)! Loved your post - it sounded a lot like mine, actually. We are not without water, but are dealing with A/C problems in our car. Nice to read about how others are seeing the GOOD in the "bad" in life. Have a super day!

Holly on June 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM said...

Poor Janeen! I feel so sad for you...I know how hard things like that can be, especially when baby is due around the corner. Just be thankful you weren't having a homebirth this time around with no water!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin