"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gardening Adventures


Boy, am I ever exhausted! My husband was finally able to plow our huge garden space for the second and final time last night and I spent part of last night and today working on just organizing the rows! It's tougher than you might think, being 9 months pregnant and all. :) But I am determined to do as much as possible so that we'll have plenty to freeze and keep us going through the winter. With times being tough and all, every bit helps.

On another note, I had a total judgment lapse last night and left some of my little plants outside. I thought they'd be ok, as long as it didn't frost. Not. The basil and watermelon plants are definitely dead. The tomatoes and peppers look sad, but maybe they'll make it... do you know how to tell if they're not worth trying to revive? If so, let me know. I'm torn as to what to do with them.

On a positive note, the English Tyme and Oregano were just fine. That's good to know for future reference and I did leave two of my tomato plants inside, so they should be ok. And I guess the best thing is that it's motivated me to finally sit down and start reading my gardening book (The New Victory Garden) which I should have done months ago. Oh well. Live and learn. :) Hope your outside adventures are going better than mine!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin