"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday Wifehood


Lady Jen wrote a great article over here about what our words towards and about our husband really mean. What a great reminder to be mindful not just of our words, but the intentions behind the words. So often we jokingly say something, but in our heart it is really an issue. I know I'm guilty!

Also, we need to consider how our husbands may perceive what we are saying. I know I've innocently said or requested things of my husband, but the WAY I said them were wrong. Not that I'm saying we should be fearful or walking on eggshells, but rather, as we are growing as wives we should make this an area that deserves our attention and reflection, along with all the others. We won't obtain perfection overnight, but with God's help we can become more Christ like each day. May God bless you and encourage in your words and efforts towards your husband this week! Anything God's been showing you in your walk as a wife lately?

1 comments:

Jennifer on April 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM said...

Thank you for linking to me again. I'm glad to know my words are helping others.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin