"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Wifehood


I know I haven't been around much this week. Life's been crazy but tonight my husband is working from 7pm-7am and I have a little extra time to do some stuff, including some reflection.

It was hard going to bible study tonight without my husband and it made me think a little bit about all the things he does that I usually don't notice but really appreciate him for, especially when he's not around to do them! I noticed how hard it is for me (6th month of pregnancy) to put our 18 month old daughter into her car seat in our SUV. My husband usually does it. Or carry her, the diaper bag and whatever else I have because he usually carries her. Not having him around tonight made me remember that even though he does stuff that drives me crazy (like breaking off a chunk of bread instead of slicing it!) it really doesn't matter all that much compared to all the things he does that I appreciate. Now if only I could remember that more often when he IS around... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this post. I actually was about to take you off my email list because I wasn't usung the blog much. BUT your blog tonight put a sweet smile on my face. Thank God for wonderful husbands and for letting us see the simple things in life sometime.

Christian Frugal Mama on February 25, 2009 at 11:32 PM said...

Thanks. I'm glad it made you smile! God is so good at making us remember to be thankful! :)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin