"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday Wifehood


I sit here totally unmotivated. I want to put off writing this post until tomorrow (which means it would never really get written) but then it wouldn't really be WEDNESDAY wifehood, would it? Life for my family has been completely upside down since December and it's very difficult for me to keep adjusting. I have been learning so many new things it's hard to know where to begin. But I know that God has been seeing our family through and I want to share that, because I know how far a little inspiration and encouragement can go.

Since my husband hasn't worked his "normal" contruction job since early December due to a lack of work, we've been praying and seeking out what we need to do. After being home for a few weeks and getting on eachothers nerves, my husband felt led to start taking classes for Nurse's Aides at a local Chrisitian Nursing Home. He finished well, was hired by the Nursing Home and is currently training and working for them. It's been great for him to work, but it's at a decidedly lower rate and the hours are crazy! This week has looked like this: 7am-7pm Mon and Tues, Weds 7am-7:45 pm and now 6:30am-4pm for tomorrow. After going crazy with him around the house, now I'm going crazy without him around! The grass is always greener...

My point to all this is... well, I don't know what my point is. I guess to share God's faithfulness to provide for us. Money is tight, but we have some (more than others) and the future outlook is good. My husband is not making much, but we recently found out that it's more than we originally thought and oppertunities for hours seem to keep presenting themselves. I've come to appreciate my husband, his hard work in providing and how much I miss having him around.

As a stay at home mom, I want to encourage other stay at home moms, particularly if you've been feeling stressed, bored or disappointed with the glamors of staying at home all day every day with a demanding little person that you love dearly but occasionally can start to resent. This week has been very trying for me as the hours tick by and I find myself running out of things to do with my daughter and us both getting frustrated towards the end of the day. I can only play so much with an 18 month old before my pregnant body grows weary. She's too young to occupy herself for long and I quickly come to the point in the evening where she's whiny and tired and clingy and I can barely stand it anymore. Then when my dear husband finally does make it home, instead of being glad to see him, I'm frustrated and overwhelmed and usually vent on him.

Now to the point. I read a blog post last night that lifted my spirits and returned me to hopefulness. Moms: we need encouragement. When life is being especially wearisome: we need LOTS of encouragement. Almost daily. When we can't get it from nearby Christian friends and relatives, it may be time to find it somewhere like the above post. I'm not talking about a gossip/vent fest. I mean good, Godly encouragement from faithful Christian women. From reading testimonials and lessons others have learned. In this season of my life I am craving practical wisdom, advice and lessons. I need to SEE the bible lived and taught. I do need to spend more time in God's word myself, but I also desire to see the bible principles in action for others, to be reminded that I'm not the only one that gets tired and tried and that others have overcome and I can too. So I write this to be an encouragement to find encouragement. Be reminded that you are valuable and God cares very much for the little things we do, day in and day out!

1 comments:

Holly on February 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM said...

janeen, your life sounds somewhat like mine in that aspect. i remember going through that for 3 years..matt being home due to no work and getting irritated having him around, and then when he did find work, i was irritated not having him around to help. he just started a 8:30am to 7pm shift, and by the end of the day, i can be ready to pull my hair out because the house is in meltdown mode. encouragement is needed to make it on the days like this. i'm glad you have ladies to be there for you. i am here for you, and know i am encouraged by what you wrote. thanks for sharing!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin