"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday Wifehood


With my husband home from work for a month, I've learned a lot about some important things in our relationship. Well, any relationship I guess. To say that having your spouse around 24/7 can be tense is probably an understatment, especially when there are finacial tensions added into the mix. I've learned so much about patience and peace. I think the biggest thing I've been learning right now is keeping my mouth shut, even if it feels like it'll kill me.

It can be hard not to say anything, especially when it's critical. It seems like the worse the comment is, the harder it is to smother it, but when I did smother it I felt better about it. In keeping my mouth shut, I've had less apologies to make, less agruments to fight and a great feeling of accomplishment and peace knowing that I was growing in a very important area. This area can apply to ANY relationship. We can be so quick to speak and slow to listen, yet the bible tells us to be exactly the opposite. Speaking from experience, I encourage you to be more careful about what you find yourself saying. Is it necessary to say? Will it hurt someone? Will it kill me to be quiet and just listen? My husband often tells me things (sometimes long windedly) that I don't really need to hear, they don't benefit me in any way. But I've lately chosen to just be quiet because it won't hurt to listen and cutting him off will probably hurt him. I've noticed a big difference in myself lately in this area and I hope that we'll all grow in this together!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin