"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vegetarian Chili


For the event this past weekend in Kent I made a Vegetarian Chili in a crockpot that wasn't too bad. My Pastor's wife always tells me how good it is, but I never remember to write it down and so it changes every time! But I remembered this time and I think I'll share it with you. If you're a normal person (like me) you can omit the chiles because it was pretty hot- a little too hot for me. If you're weird (like my husband) you can leave them in. He said it was the perfect spicy level.

2-15.5 oz cans of Mex. Style Chili Beans (undrained-Aldi's)
1-15.5 oz can of Cannelini beans (drained and rinsed)
1-14.5oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Chiles (undrained-Aldi's)
2-19 oz cans of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1-14.5 oz can of Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
1-15.25 oz can of Sweet Corn Kernels (not creamed)
1 ea large red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers-chopped roughly
1 small zucchini-sliced and quartered (skin on)
1 large onion-peeled and chopped
4 gloves of garlic-smashed and chopped
2 1/2 whole, dry chile peppers-chopped, seeds and all (Can definitely be omitted. I have a ton of them and just threw them in for fun)

Throw it all in the crock pot and let it do its thing all day. :) Good with cheese, sour cream, etc. I made homemade honey wheat bread to go with it. Go to www.lifeasmom.com for more recipes that are Hot and Spicy!

2 comments:

Thrifty and Chic Mom on November 8, 2008 at 10:45 AM said...

Sounds yummy thanks for sharing!

Katie @ goodLife {eats} on March 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM said...

sounds good! I would love to try a veggie chili sometime.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin