"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Universal Refill Ink Cartridge


What a waste. I have been going through ink more now that I print online coupons and I decided to try a universal ink refill kit I bought at Walgreens. It has 2 cartridge cleaners and 4 ink refills. I could not get this to work. It makes you drill a hole in the top of the cartridge and then put a syringe in the hole and push the ink in. Drilling the hole was a pain and then the ink went everywhere when I tried to fill it. It just overflowed after I barely pushed it. My husband had told me he tried the same thing for his parents and had the same problem. So now I have a ruined cartridge with a big hole in it, four syringes of black ink and my fingers were stained for a while. Oh well. Guess I just have to go about it the old fashioned way...

2 comments:

Jennifer on September 24, 2008 at 9:48 PM said...

I used a Staples coupon and purchased an inexpensive black and white laser printer. The toner cartridges for them aren't too bad, and they last FOREVER! It's way more economical. I might change the toner once each year versus several times a year for ink. Just an idea!

Christian Frugal Mama on September 24, 2008 at 10:31 PM said...

Wow. That does sound like a good idea. I'll have to look into those and see how much they cost! Do stores mind if the coupons are black and white? Thanks!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin