"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, September 8, 2008

Mom Mondays


What a weekend! We took our daughter Elizabeth to the farmer's market on Saturday. It was quite the experience. It was a little bit of a cold, dreary day, but we bundled her up and braved the weather. Lizzy loved it because a lot of people brought their dogs and she LOVES dogs. It was so cute to see her get so excited to see the dogs. Sometimes it's hard to think of things a 1 year old will appreciate, but I think she enjoyed the farmer's market. I am sure we will be going back again before it ends in October.

We probably paid too much for some of the things we bought, but I'm hoping it will help me get back on track with a more healthful way of eating. On a related note, I bought a juicer on ebay!! I am so excited that I will now be able to make fresh juice for our family. I always hate buying bottles of pasturized juice in the store. Often, I have no idea of how old it is or whether it's really good for my family or just sugar water. I look forward to introducing our family to more healthful juices with nutrients and benefits to it. I also have a number of recipes now that are for raw juices and smoothies that include fruits and veggies. Raw juice with some green veggies mixed with fruit is a great way to sneak in some greens because fruit dominates the flavor. I sometimes have a hard time with greens. I'm a sweet person and salads can get boring. But a fruity drink should be easier for me. I'll let you know how it works out.

On to a new week of finding great deals. I'll be posting the deals I find sometime today. Let me know if there are any other stores you'd like to see and I'll try to find them. I have my sources. :)

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin