"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Share Yourself Saturday: Keys





Ok, be honest. How many of you have locked your keys on the car? I have a couple of times. Once a boyfriend managed to open the door with a hanger or metal bar. Once it was in the winter, while I was warming up the car. Yep, I locked the door by habit and closed it with the car running. My husband (then just a friend) had to drive me 40 minuets round trip to my house to get my spare set. My husband locked the keys in the car on our honeymoon. I put the locksmith receipt in our scrapbook. :)

But I've got an even better one for you. I not long after I had gotten an SUV with a remote unlock, I stopped at a gas station with my 1 1/2 year old who started fussing in the back. Without thinking, I gave her my keys to play with while I filled up the tank. While I was pumping, I heard a honking noise. I was looking around to figure out what dork kept honking when I realized my keys had a lock button on them.

Imagine my panic as I saw my sweet little girl smiling while she hit the lock button several times! I started tapping on the glass and saying "push the other button honey, push the other button!!!" To my great relief, she actually did! I snatched over the door immediately and confiscated the keys.

I've learned my lesson. I doubt I'll ever do that again. But I'm sure I'll do other equally brainless (sleep deprived) mommy things! How about you? Have any key stories of your own?

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin