"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book Review: Alpine Weight Loss Secrets


I recently received the book Alpine Weight Loss Secrets by Stefan Aschan to read and review.

I was pretty impressed by this book. I've read quite a number of books on weightloss, diet and nutrition and I'm not always impressed with what I read. I agreed with most of what the author had to say on staying young, healthy and vibrant.

One of the things I most appreciated about this book was that the author wrote about his experiences growing up in the Alps and promotes a return to healthful living, not the latest diet fad or prepackaged food. I don't really agree with "fat-free" this and "sugar-free" that as a way to lose weight and instead embrace the idea that food as close to nature as possible is best. The author refers to this kind of food as Fresh Air Food.

There are suggestions for "belly flattening" juice fasting as well as tips for maintaining the effects of the juice fast. From recipes, food lists, and detailed strength training exercises complete with pictures, this book has everything you need for a life and routine makeover to help you move toward healthier eating, exercising, weight loss and life.

I am cautious, however, that as a Christian I don't allow my body to become an idol. It is excellent to take care of my body. But I try not to allow pursuing weightloss and health to be all consuming. I do believe that my habits, especially regarding diet and exercise, need a makeover and I believe this book will be a really great guide and I would recommend it to anyone looking to move towards a healthier lifestyle. I look forward to sharing some of those changes here on my blog soon! How are your New Year's Resolutions going so far?

If you're interested, you can check out Stefan Aschan's blog or follow him on twitter or Facebook.

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin