"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Fresh Start


I just want to say a quick word to any of you who might be around today, with it being New Year's Eve and all. I've been thinking of how excited I am about the new year. It feels like a new beginning, a fresh start. I can put last year's troubles, problems and failures behind me and move on with expectation and determination into a new year.

But what's interesting to me is that as a Christian, I don't just get a fresh start once a year or once a month or once a week. It's every day. Well, every moment really, but for fluidity, let's say every day.

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His
compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness. The
Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in Him. Lamentations 3:22-24
I often feel like a failure. I make mistakes often. I fall on my face, say things I regret, and hurt others. It would be so easy to wallow in that self loathing, frustration and failure because the enemy of my soul likes to remind me of it often. He is the accuser of the brethren.

Yet God says that we can have a fresh start. Not just once in our lifetimes at our salvation "moment." Not just once a year. But every day. Every day I can choose to move on from my past failures. Every day I can begin with a fresh slate. Every moment of every day I can repent and ask God for His forgiveness and every day, because of His great mercy and faithfulness I can have a fresh start. God's goodness brings tears to my eyes. That God could look at someone as small, insignificant and filled with self doubt and failures as I am and declare that He delights in me.

May you hve a very blessed new year and remember that God would like to give you a very precious gift: a fresh start.

1 comments:

Terra Heck on January 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM said...

Very true and a great reminder for the New Year!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin