"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, August 9, 2010

Mom Monday: Wisdom



One of my greatest struggles with raising my children right now is how much t.v. I allow my 3 year old to watch. We don't have cable, but we do allow her to get movies (like Dora, Blue Clues, etc) from the library, plus what we already own. I don't allow her to watch much, but I still struggle with how much is too much.

I believe the answer is different for every family and that's ok. It'll also differ day by day, situation by situation. Use your discretion, because God appointed YOU caretaker of your children. He'll also give you the wisdom to know what to do. All you need to do is ask.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
How are you doing with wisdom in loving your children and making decisions regarding them? Are there areas in which you feel you could use more of God's wisdom? I encourage you today, mothers, ask God what to do in these situations and He'll give you the wisdom to handle it!

Just wondering, how do you handle the t.v. in your home? And if you're interested, I am running a giveaway for 2 Boz the Bear Christian Preschooler DVDs, which make me feel a little better about allowing my daughter to watch t.v. :)

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin