"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, June 18, 2010

Flowers: A Finer Thing



I adore flowers. All kinds of flowers, especially lilies, as my daughter's name indicates! While walking around our local zoo, I told my husband I wanted my yard to look like their garden someday. LoL. I was only half joking.


Whenever we take our family walks at night, I oh and ah over all the different types of flowers, pointing out what I like or don't like, imagining what I'd do with my own yard. Since we live in an apartment right now, it's not going to happen this year. I do have two little flower beds in the back, but the soil and lighting are poor. :(


Then my super sweet, amazing husband took me out the other night and bought me two beautiful hanging baskets. He, of course, let me pick them out. :) We don't have a lot of money right now and this was definitely a splurge, but one I felt was most definitely worth it. Not only are my new flowers a finer thing, but wouldn't you say I have a fine husband? I think he's great and so sweet!

1 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet on June 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Oooh, I'm a huge flower lover, too! Those are georgeous!!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin