"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Are You Satisfied?



I have been dieting. Again. :P I'm now on a "Vegetable Based Protein Detox Diet" and it's been kind of hard. The headaches are starting to subside now (at day 4) but Friday was horrible. I just wanted to crawl under the covers and hide. Hard to do when you're a stay at home mom. :)

Anyway, on the first day of my diet, I opened my bible to where the marker was and started to read. I came across this verse:
Proverbs 27:7 "The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every
bitter thing is sweet."
Of course, I felt a pull to stop and meditate on that verse for the day. In my opinion, God is hilarious. His sense of humor is great. To come across this verse on the first day of a very trying diet was meaningful to me. God cares about every little thing. I have a very personal, relational God who cares about me!

I know this verse is really about life, not necessarily food. I had to stop and ask myself, "Am I satisfied? What am I dissatisfied with in my life? How is this hurting me and my walk with God?" It was very eye opening. I struggle with food. That's why this diet is important to me. It's about more than just losing the pregnancy weight I still have. It's really about breaking the hold that food has over me. One thing I've noticed while on this diet is that I'm not that hungry. I just WANT to eat, especially when I'm upset or stressed out. That's what I need to break. I don't want food to be my idol. I want to feast on the bread of life!

There are many other things I'm working on in the satisfied department, but that's for another post on another day. :)

So, how about you? Is your soul satisfied?

2 comments:

prophetess on April 11, 2010 at 8:05 PM said...

no diet should cause them

prophetess on April 11, 2010 at 8:05 PM said...

why headaches Janeen?

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin