"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Share Yourself Saturday



Believe it or not, I played soccer. For a long time. When I was younger, much younger. I played soccer from about..... 2nd grade to 11th grade. I wasn't that good, but when I finally did get into physical shape, I wasn't bad. But then the season would end, my physical activity and training would slide and.... I'd be out of shape again. Just like I am now.

Actually, during one of my grade school soccer years, a soccer ball hit me square in the mouth and chipped some of my teeth. What they say about being hit in the ball with a ball when you're young is true... I freak if anything resembling a ball flies towards my face now.

Because my teeth were chipped (and one was chipped pretty badly) I had to go to the dentist to have it "bonded." Then it chipped again many years later and it still bothers me to this day. I'm learning now, as I get "older" just how important good teeth are. I have extremely sensitive teeth and my teeth hurt a lot.

So I guess, in a very roundabout-not-related way, soccer taught me about good dental hygiene. Make sure you brush, floss and rinse people!! :) Did any of you learn some very roundabout-not-really-related lessons from your childhood events that have carried into adulthood? Share with us!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin