"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Share Yourself Saturday



Every family has their own holiday traditions and memories. For me, I'd have to say that I remember the chaos.... in a good way! Sound crazy?
When I was very young, my parents divorced and eventually remarried. So I had two sets of parents and..... lots of grandparents, because some of my grandparents were divorced and remarried as well. So, every year I would typically spend the holidays going to at least 4 or 5 different celebrations. As a kid, I thought it was great!
Now, with being married, I have even more relations, but less grandparents. My holidays are still usually super busy, but I try to keep things more low key. This year we have 6 celebrations to attend in one week. That's as busy as I'll let it get. With the girls being young, I don't like trying to do too much, but it's only once a year. I make a point of keeping Thanksgiving simple because I know that a month later we'll be very busy. Kids love celebrations (as I did) and I definitely want my kids to be with their family, both near and far.
How about you? Are your holidays very busy or a little more low key? How do you manage it? Share with us!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin