"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday


Soo... I was on track today for weight loss. After all the fun events surrounding my birthday (Olive with the in-laws, home cooking from my mom, cake, etc) I decided I needed to get back on the weight loss bandwagon. I denied myself at the 3 PM sugar crash (besides my snack I accounted for) and managed to make it all the way to the kids' bedtime without a night time snack. Then, sure enough, as soon as they're both snug in their beds, my husband asks if I want to eat some pizza rolls as we watch the movie rental I got for free for my birthday. Is that a serious question? Of course I want them, but should I eat them?

I won't tell you what I actually did, but the works for me tip I'm going to share is: Say no to your husband! I actually heard a study that said women gain weight when they get married because they start to eat like their husbands, but still have the metabolism of a woman. Yep, I have that problem. So if you're on a weight loss journey (and much stronger willed than I), just say NO!

3 comments:

Meghan on September 30, 2009 at 1:22 AM said...

Thanks for the reminder. I'm one of those who gained weight when I got married and started eating like my husband.

annies home on September 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

sounds like a great excuse as any

Sharon on October 5, 2009 at 7:16 PM said...

Great tip. I've recently started doing this too. Well, not all the time, but I'm working on it!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin