"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Share Yourself Saturday


As I mentioned earlier this week, I decided that I want to get to know you all better and let you know a little more about myself too! I think it's great to "meet" new people and I look forward to learning about all of you. I can't think of a better title than "Share Yourself Saturday" but you do, let me know! This week's randomness is:

School
As I mentioned, I actually have a bachelor's of science in Civil Engineering. :) Surprise you? I'm now a stay at home mama of 2 little girlies and haven't worked a day in the engineering realm since I graduated. It's really part of my testimony as a Christian.

In my first year of college, I met someone who got me to go to a Christian cafe and I just kept going, which eventually led to church and eventually, over 5 years ago, I met my Lord and Savior Jesus. I continued on in my path in college (something I felt God was calling me to do) and in the Spring of 2007 I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree (with honors even!) I was 6 months pregnant with my first daughter and choose to stay at home with her.

Everyday, since choosing to stay at home, has been a walk of faith. It's how I'm trying to honor God with my life right now. I'm not perfect at it, there are many days that I have doubts and regrets and temptations to abandon ship, but it's my chosen path. I believe this is where God has me, for now, and I want to be wherever He calls me, no matter how hard it is. I love that Amy at Finer Things is doing a series on "Mommy Come Home" and I hope to get a chance to sit and read it soon. It feels so good and is so encouraging to be among good company, even if it's a virtual connection!

How about you? What kind of schooling do you have and what paths have you chosen following that schooling? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comments:

Jennifer on September 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM said...

I always planned on going to Bible college to become a music teacher on the college level. I met my husband while I was in high school, and told him my plans. They were not God's plans, however. I graduated as co-valedictorian of my class with a 4.03 gpa and got several offers for scholarships based on my ACT scores. However, three weeks to the day after graduation, I married my sweetheart and became a stay-at-home wife and 3 years later, a mama. I've never regretted my decision and feel like I'm in the center of the will of God for me.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin