"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie and Julia


My husband and I actually got to go to see a movie in the theater on Friday night. It was so wonderful! My mom came over and watched the girls and we actually got to sit in a quiet movie theater together without kids. Wow. Reminded me of our very short pre-baby days. :) Not that I don't love my kids to pieces but it's amazing how much getting away for a little while can recharge you.

Now for the movie (Julie and Julia): it was ADORABLE!! As a blogger I could definitely appreciate the blogging aspects of the story. The storyline is two fold and the movie flips back and forth. Part of the movie is about Julia Child and her husband and their time in Paris. Julia decides to take french cooking classes and works together with two french women to write a french cookbook for American women. It takes place in 1949ish. The other part is about Julie Powell who lives in Queens in 2002. Julie decides to write a blog for one year as she cooks her way through Julia's cookbook... all 524 recipes (including deboning a duck)! I wish they had left out the bad language, but it's in there. Other than the language, my husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed the movie and thought it was very funny!

2 comments:

Unknown on August 10, 2009 at 9:21 AM said...

I am planning on going to see this movie with some lady friends on Wednesday. It looks good in the previews. I really wish the writers and producers didn't think they need to put bad language in movies. It really doesn't add to the content. I think it's all about getting the pg-13 rating.

Christian Frugal Mama on August 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM said...

I know. It was very disappointing that they felt it necessary to use the foul language. They even threw in the f-word one time at almost the very end. I probably wouldn't own the movie because of it. Too bad.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin