"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recipe of the Week


As promised, the Creamy tomato soup recipe which received excellent reviews with my husband and our friend. Went very nicely with grilled cheese sanwhiches. This recipe is from a recent All You magazine, yet another reason to get those magazines!

Creamy Tomato Soup
Serves 8
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 glove garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp flour
28 oz can crushed tomatoes with juice (I just used 2 cans of diced tomatoes)
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
salt and pepper

Warm oil in large sauce pan over med high heat. Add onion and cook 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 min. Add flour and cook 1 min. Add tomatoes with juice and broth to saucepan, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir or whisk contantly until thickened, about 3 minutes. Working in (small!) batches, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. (Believe me, I've burned myself with hot soup before when the top blew off my blender. I now own an immersion hand blender!) Stir in cream and cook over low heat until heated through. Do not boil. Season with salt and pepper (I added italian seasoning too). Enjoy!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin