"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


A friend of mine gave me this recipe (thanks Casey!) and I look forward to making them. I tried one she brought to a Mom's Group. The really fun part? There's ground flaxseed hidden in them! I think I might bake a bunch and freeze them for easy breakfasts and snacks!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes about 24

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
16oz canned pumpkin
1-3/8 cups of vegetable oil
3/8 cup of ground flaxseed
3 cups flour
2 tsp. ea baking powder and soda
1 tsp. ea salt and ground cinnamon
12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I'm thinking of using carob chips!)

Mix the wet and dry ingredients seperately. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. DO NOT overmix as this will make them dense. They should be lumpy. Fold in chips. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 400F for 16-20 minutes. Happy Baking!

1 comments:

Chrysee on November 8, 2008 at 11:36 AM said...

Pumpkin and chocolate go so well together, surprisingly. I love the addition of flax seed.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin