"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Wifehood


Wow. Time to get back into the swing of things! I'm still battling the nausea and exhaustion, but I want to stay on track with some of the important things.

I've been appreciating my husband a lot lately as he's been helping me more with the baby and day to day things that can be more difficult when you're not feeling well. He also spoils me by letting me use the need for protein as an excuse to get hamburgers from places like McDonald's. LoL. I know it sounds crazy, but I can feel so sick and then eating a hamburger makes me feel better. I'm recognizing that I feel sick when I don't eat, but I don't want to eat because I feel sick. Ugly cycle. But anyway....

Back to the topic. My husband has been trying to help and take care of me and I think I've been missing it in some ways. For example: Yesterday, he made me some Red Raspberry Leaf tea, which is very good for female systems and pregnancy (my mideife suggested it for my first). I didn't want it. I already have to go to the bathroom 20 times a day. I didn't want even more fluids in my system, plus I didn't feel well. So, my husband kept bugging me throughout the afternoon to drink it until I finally snapped at him and I could tell I hurt him.

What I had missed was that he was trying to do something for me that he thought would help me feel better. He shouldn't have pushed it so hard, but I should have been more understanding and appreciative of his good intentions. I guess that my point is that maybe we should take a little more time and effort to look at all people's (including our husbands'!) intentions before we just brush them off. My daughter's very slobbery open mouth kisses can be disgusting, but I love them because her intentions are to show me affection. I want to take more time thanking my husband for his efforts towards loving me, instead of dismissing them! I definitely don't want him to get discouraged and stop altogether!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your web site Janeen! You have done a great job with it, keep up the good work!

Mom

Anonymous said...

love your site, it is getting better each day, you should be proud of it!

Mom

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin