"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, September 15, 2008

Mom Monday


For a few weeks, our Pastor has been talking about living in the light of eternity. Essentially, if we had 30 days left to live, what would change? How would we act? I know this sounds cliche and you hear it often, but how often do we check these things? I know it can be hard to think about dying, especially as a mom, but to coin a phrase from our Pastor "the mortality rate is 100%." It's a fact, whether sooner or later.

One of the major points he hit upon was relationships. What relationships need initiated, strengthened, restored and cut off? It's so easy to rush about in our day, from one busy task to the next. I anxiously wait for "naptime" or set my 1 year old daughter down by her toys, hoping she'll play contentedly for awhile so that I can get a few things done. I'm trying to keep in mind that the time I have with her, especially in her adorable baby days, is numbered. She won't always be tugging on mommy's pant leg begging for affection and attention. If I don't give it now, I may never have another chance. Or someday, she may simply stop. I want to implement these things from the beginning. I don't want to look back with regret. I don't want my children to grow up and have pain and rejection to deal with because I was too busy with "my life." I want to instill good and Godly character in them, but how can I if I never show it to them or take the time to pour into them.

As my Pastor has been repeating over and over again lately, the challenge is "do it today." Don't wait. Don't put it off. Don't have good intentions. Implement it TODAY! God bless you and give you strength!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin