"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Share Yourself Saturday: Accidents


I'm accident prone, especially in the kitchen. Especially with hot stuff. :) I'm not sure why, but I burn myself often. It's not that I'm a bad cook (I'd like to believe so, anyway) but I tend to be absent minded and not very careful.

My father-in-law likes to tease me because anytime I do a large family dinner I severely burn myself. One year, I grabbed the hot oven coil when trying to pull out the turkey. One year I badly burned the sensitive underside of my forearm. It was about a 3 inch burn and hurt. A LOT.

I also tend to cut myself. Just a couple of days ago I sliced off the tip of my finger with a mandolin cutter. Opps. That actually didn't hurt so much, surprisingly. I'm hoping that I won't impart my accident prone cooking ways to my daughters. I hope to teach them safety.


I'll certainly be an expert on teaching them first aide. :) By the way, clear aloe vera gel seriously takes the burning feeling away. It's a miracle! Now if only I could find my bottle of it....

How about you? Are you accident prone in the kitchen or are you the picture of safety?

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin