"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Share Yourself Saturday: Cooking



I love to cook. I love to eat the things I cook. I love to feed others. I love to cook! The year I got married, I decided I was going to cook the turkey we had for Easter dinner and I've been doing it since. I think this was our 4th celebration at our house and it was so much fun!

Usually, I over-do it. I usually want to make a bunch of fancy stuff to impress everyone or something like that. :) But this year, I kept it really simple (since I have two kids and all) and I was surprised at how great it was. I was sitting there, with dinner almost finished, shocked at how unstressed out I was. Normally when I cook the Easter dinner, I'm running around all day cooking, cleaning and stressing out. What a huge difference keeping it simple made!


And even though I didn't do anything really fancy, we had a great meal, great fellowship and over all a great day. Lesson learned. Don't stress out over making a huge, perfect, impressive meal. Just make good food and have good family and friends over. It'll be a day worth remembering!

1 comments:

Shannon on April 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM said...

Dropping by from UBP. Thanks for visiting my blog. Let me know more about the Monday Mom meme...Have a great weekend.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin